The Personal Trainer certification course builds a strong foundation in fitness industry and prepares fitness experts to excel at developing and implementing exercise programs meeting clients’ health and fitness needs.
- To provide students, fitness professionals and fitness enthusiasts with the most current, foundational knowledge, principles and technique of training, and competency testing to certify them to practice as professional certified fitness trainers.
- To enable students, and fitness enthusiasts to become competent and committed professionals willing to perform as personal trainer.
- To enable students and fitness enthusiasts to understand legal and safety issues and their responsibilities as personal trainer.
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
- Understand and demonstrate basic anatomy, biomechanics, kinesiology and exercise physiology.
- Understand and describe safe and effective exercise methods;
- Assess an individual’s level of fitness
- Design and customize exercise programs based on clients’ fitness levels, preferences and their goals.
- Demonstrate proper execution of aerobic, strength and flexibility training
- Demonstrate a variety of exercises to enhance clients’ physical fitness and performance
- Motivate and support clients in developing and maintaining healthy lifestyles and enhanced physical performance.
The IHFE personal fitness trainer certification prepares students, physiotherapist, fitness professionals and fitness enthusiasts to practice as a professional Personal Fitness Trainer. It also prepares you for professional interactions with the clients. The certification program start from an exercise science of the fitness and assessment of fitness levels of the clients and ends with the legal and safety issues. We have designed this program based on clients’ need and fitness goals. This program will guide you as a trainer to teach assessment and exercises application in a manner that enhances learning while respecting safely, injury prevention and effectiveness. We also teach you anatomy, biomechanics, kinesiology, exercise physiology, nutrition, exercise prescription, etc. At the end the course includes multiple choice questions and 5 short essays which assess you deeply whether you understood the topic or not.
The IHFE certified personal trainer works with apparently healthy who are able to exercise independently to enhance quality of life, improve health-related physical fitness and performance, manage health risk, and promote lasting, healthy behaviour changes.
The Personal Trainer Course is the scientific and comprehensive course which takes your passion, and also your career to the next level.
The personal certification course is made up of 8 modules as follows:
• Personal Training course covers an introduction to personal trainer and exercise science. Exercise Science includes anatomy, exercise physiology, kinesiology and biomechanics.
• Assessment part provides health screening and evaluation of clients
• Principles and Techniques of exercises provide guidelines for cardiorespiratory, strength and flexibility training.
• Program Design modules explores principles and methods for designing and implementing exercise programs for healthy adults.
• Diet and nutrition modules cover importance of nutrition and design diet program to keep a client healthy and fit.
• Leadership guidelines and its qualities explore the personal trainer’s role in encouraging individuals to start and stick to exercise regime through contact advice communication and motivation.
• Principles of personal trainer business covers marketing, initial enquiry, managing business and legal considerations for the personal trainer.
Personal trainer certification course is on a home study course so you can complete the course at a pace which meets your personal level of satisfaction. The average duration you require to complete the course is 6 months or lower so it’s really up to you. We do allow you 8 months from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Once candidates get register with us, they will get a training course. We offer our own training course but will also accept outside courses. Along with the course syllabus, course material and reference guide we send you 100 multiple- choice questions and 3 essays that test your understanding of the materials; so while you’re reading you’re preparing for the exam at the same time.
100 score is allotted to 100 multiple choice questions and 30 score is given to 3 essay.
A candidate must achieve a score of 100 or higher out of 130 score to access your final exam. Once you have achieved our desired score, you will be granted access to your final test.
You must be at least 18 years of age
Online Personal Trainer Course Other Requirements:
For taking this Online Personal Trainer Course you need internet access, an email account, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Safari Web browsers.
Familiarity with medical terminology and anatomy is a plus.
Suitable for beginners as well as experienced health enthusiasts seeking advancement, this course is sure to benefit one and all.
Scope of Personal Trainer practice:
- Develop and implement safe and effective exercise program to meet individuals’ fitness needs
- Conduct assessment and evaluation to design fitness goal- take interviews and histories
- Coaching individual through motivation and behaviour changes
- Continuous educate clients regarding exercises benefits to enhance training adherence
Personal trainers who are certified by the IHFE are qualified to practice as a general personal trainer; however they cannot work in a specialty area. If they wish to work in specialty area, they have to pass additional certification tests. The IHFE also offers exercise/fitness therapy certification for those who want to specialize in specific area.