A specialized program for disabled, injured, or chronically ill individuals, consisting of physical exercises designed for specific goals and outcomes that promote total body health & wellness, and progress the individual to a greater level of independence.
Becoming an Exercise therapy will help you develop various exercises programs for people with a wide variety of special conditions. Learn to safely and effectively work for clients with special conditions such as musculoskeletal disorder, cardiorespiratory problems, vascular disorder, women’s specific disorders, metabolic diseases and many more. It also prepares fitness experts to excel at developing and implementing exercise programs meeting clients’ normal health and fitness needs.
The aims of exercise therapy:
A. To promote activity whenever and wherever it is possible to minimise the effects in inactivity.
B. To correct the inefficiency of specific muscles or muscle groups and regains normal range of joint movement without delay to achieve efficient functional movement
C. To encourage the patient to use the ability he has regained in the performance of normal functional activities and so accelerate his rehabilitation.
• Design and implement appropriate exercise programs in the management of a verity of special conditions such as Cardiorespiratory conditions, Metabolic conditions, Musculoskeletal conditions, Neurological impairment and chronic conditions
• Apply the principles of exercise science, human anatomy, and biomechanics to movement design and exercise instruction.
• Design educationally- based fitness programs to include cardiovascular training, resistance training and flexibility programs.
• Learn muscle origin, insertion and determine directionality of muscle contraction
• Learn the principles and effects of exercise as a therapeutic modality and learn the techniques in the restoration of physical functions.
• Design an exercise program around orthopedic limitations due to spine, hip, knee, shoulder and other musculoskeletal injuries.
• Arrange a safe, effective, and structured exercise program encouraging clients, while working to improve quality of life-ADL
• Design training modification for general and special population
• Focus on long term recovery and prepare an individual to functional independently by staying physically active across a lifespan.
• Advise on injury prevention and management
Upon completion this course, participants will be able to:
• Demonstrate proper execution of aerobic, strength, flexibility, aquatic, and balance training with an apparently healthy population and a wide variety of special conditions
• Progress and review the progression of a prescribed exercise plan.
• Learn the skills and knowledge necessary to offer exercise services to clients/patients with a wide variety of special conditions and receive the recognition for being on the forefront of health care to your patients and those you serve.
• Provide advice to the client regarding lifestyle modifications in accordance with established best practice to enhance the management of stable health or medical conditions.
• Know how to categorize every exercise, Regress every exercise, Progress every exercise and perform every exercise.
• Know how to properly apply and execute the chosen exercises.
• Learn the proper body mechanics, different exercises to utilize, how to advance a specific exercise to make it more challenging, healthy lifestyle habits, and familiarizing them in a health & wellness centre setting
The IHFE certified exercise therapy is the comprehensive health, fitness and rehabilitation programs that works with not only apparently healthy who are able to exercise independently but also people with a wide variety of special conditions to enhance quality of life, improve health-related physical fitness and performance, manage health risk, and promote lasting, healthy behaviour changes
The Exercise Therapy Programs are Injury Prevention and Rehabilitation Programs for Bone, Muscle and Soft Tissue Injuries, and Prevention and Treatment Programs for Chronic Condition, Diseases and Disorders.
Exercise therapy is customized to each client and is tailored to specific goals for entire body rehabilitation. Exercise therapy is a very active form of rehabilitation and uses modalities such as variety of cardiovascular training, strength training, stretching, balance techniques, posture training, weight management, core-lumbar-scapula stabilization programs, and aquatic training to rehabilitate injuries and to help control/manage and eventually eliminate pain. These techniques will help restore function and prevent injuries through improved strength, flexibility, endurance, and muscle reaction time. They are also used to manage pain and rehabilitate problems associated with Chronic Conditions, Diseases and Disorders.
Exercise Therapy is based on the hypothesis that an imbalance or weakness in another area might either be aggravating the area already known to be injured or perhaps have assisted in or caused the injury in the first place. In essence, exercise therapy program target muscles throughout the body, not just in one isolated injured area. By strengthening the entire body, stress can be taken off of the injured area and placed on the stronger areas, allowing the injured area the necessary time and energy to heal itself. After the injured area has healed and been strengthened, it can then become a fully functional member of a healthy, balanced system again.
Exercise therapy is not a physical therapist. A physical therapist is a highly qualified professional, but in an entirely different field of expertise as opposed to a fitness professional. The physical therapist focuses on healing only the injured area, whereas Exercise therapy focuses on the entire body health and wellness by conditioning the patient’s entire body, instead of concentrating on the specific injured areas. The role of a Exercise Therapy certification is to take the individual to higher levels of fitness. Hence a trainer is not qualified to do the job of a physiotherapist or vise-versa, Hence a Physiotherapists must do the E4F Exercise therapy Course if they want to expand their horizons beyond rehabilitation.
Physiotherapist or other healthcare professionals who wanting to expand their clients and wish to includes healthy population along with special population while exercising in gym, fitness club, or sport club, the exercise therapy certification opens up new channels in which to provide your skills.
The certification program start from an exercise science and ends with therapeutic exercise for special conditions. We teach you anatomy, kinesiology, exercise physiology, ROM, resistance exercises, aerobic exercise, stretching, balance training, aquatic training, therapeutic exercise for target body parts and special conditions. At the end the course includes multiple choice questions and 5 short essays which assess you deeply whether you understood the topic or not.
The exercise therapy Course is the scientific and comprehensive course which takes your passion, and also your career to the next level.
The fitness/exercise therapy certification course is made up of 14 modules as follows:
• Introduction to exercise therapy includes types, benefits, techniques and roles of exercise therapy, fundamental and derived position and relaxation techniques
• Exercise Science includes anatomy, kinesiology and biomechanics.
• Programming for ROM module explores all about Range of Motion and ROM exercises.
• Fundamental and derived position modules explain about different fundamental positions, position in water and description of movement
• Relaxation covers muscle and postural tone, voluntary movement, degrees of relaxation, techniques and methods of relaxation
• Resistance training module includes Principles, goals, precaution, contraindication and types of training
• Aerobic training covers Principles, types, physiological changes, merits, demerits, and exercise techniques.
• Stretching module explores indication, contra indication, imp of stretching, physiological and neurological changes in muscle to stretch, principles, and types of stretching.
• Balance training covers introduction of balance and imbalance, and management of imbalance
• Aquatic exercises provide principles, goals, precaution, contraindication and different exercises in water.
• soft tissues injuries, and its management
• postures includes imbalance posture and its management
• Therapeutic exercise module involves exercises for spine, shoulder girdle, elbow, forearm, hand , hip, knee and ankle joints
• Therapeutic exercise for special condition includes pregnant women, vascular disorders, sensory ataxia, vertigo and children.
Fitness/Exercise therapy certification course is on a home study course so you can complete the course at a pace which meets your personal level of satisfaction. The average duration you require to complete the course is 6 months or lower so it’s really up to you. We do allow you 8 months from the date of enrolment to complete the course.
Once candidates get register with us, they will get a training course. We offer our own training course but will also accept outside courses. Along with the course syllabus, course material and reference guide we send you 100 multiple- choice questions and 3 essays that test your understanding of the materials; so while you’re reading you’re preparing for the exam at the same time.
100 score is allotted to 100 multiple choice questions and 30 score is given to 3 essay.
A candidate must achieve a score of 100 or higher out of 130 score to access your final exam. Once you have achieved our desired score, you will be granted access to your final test.
The ultimate aims of the Exercise Therapy certification we offer is an effective and scientifically designed by our expert team of Physiotherapists. We take great pride in our certification program and look forward to selling to health enthusiast.
You must be at least 18 years of age
Any allied healthcare professionals: Physiotherapists, occupational therapists, chiropractors, manual therapists, nurse, athletic trainers or any other health care professional
Online Exercise/Fitness therapy Course Other Requirements:
For taking this Online Personal Trainer Course you need internet access, an email account, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Safari Web browsers.
Suitable for beginners as well as experienced health enthusiasts seeking advancement, this course is sure to benefit one and all.