Course Aims :
The Back Injury Prevention Specialist course aims at providing valuable content and learning opportunity to health professionals who want to get benefited from home study programs and without losing their current job function.
The course is valid and suits wide array of health experts like Physical Therapists, Osteopaths, Students of life sciences, Chiropractitioner, Occupational safety experts and many more.
- Strengthen knowledge of risk factors, pathologies and causes of back injur
- Amplify your understanding of back anatomy and biomechanics.
- Practice and learn in detail about the Physical Examination and diagnostic tests for assessing a back injury.
- Assist your clients in following a treatment/ exercise regime customized especially for them.
- Develop awareness on postural faults and re educating the postures.
- Discover simple yet effective lifestyle modifications to be implemented in everyday routine and use them as a major tool to develop injury prevention strategies.
- Effective and correct lifting techniques.
- Determine high risk and low risk age group among your own clients and understand how factors like age, gender, occupation are related to having a back injury.
Upon Completion of this course, participants will be able to
- After successfully completing this course you shall be able to write an added qualification – Back Injury Prevention Specialist.
- Secondly you shall be able to understand and educate your patients that most back injuries are preventable.
- You shall be able to practice as a specialist and gain more professional acclaim as compared to your fellow colleagues.
The IHFE “Back Injury Prevention Specialist” certification prepares Physical Therapists, Students, Fitness experts, Healthcare experts to practice as a back injury prevention specialist and grow further in the field of health industry.
This programme is designed to meet the needs of the candidate and your client too. This course will guide you as a trainer to educate your clients about the right exercise programme, screen them by doing thorough assessments and also channelize the course of treatment.
It will enable you to build professional interactions with your clients by respecting their health issues, dealing with safety parameters and effectively teaching them injury prevention by various means of everyday interventions, safe practices, postural guidance and subtle lifestyle modifications.
The IHFE back injury prevention specialist works with apparently healthy, minimally dependent, maximally dependent and with young working population.
By promoting independent and minimal assistance mode of exercising you are going to augment the quality of life of your client, improving his health status, managing his own health related risks and deriving him to adapt to physical, psycho social and behavioural changes that last long.
Once candidate get register with us, they will get a training course. Along with the course syllabus, course manual and reference guide you will get 100 practice multiple choice questions and 3 short essays to quiz yourself and to review the entire course.
The final examination will test your understanding of the course. For the final test, you will have to attempt 150 Multiple Choice questions and 5 Assignment.
The IHFE Back injury prevention specialist programme is comprehensive and inclusive of all that necessary information and knowledge to help you take your passion forward and adding to your current forte.
IHFE truly understands the value of your work commitments and therefore we give you sufficient time to complete this course.
This course being a certification programme can be completed in 3 months time. However, we give you 8 months duration to complete it.
As mentioned, earlier, with the training syllabus, you will receive the reference guides, E- references, practice multiple choice questions and flash cards for your deeper and methodical understanding.
Course Pre requisites
- You must be at least 18 years of age.
- You must hold a certificate of a science graduate at school.
For taking the ‘Back injury prevention specialist’ course, you need internet access, an email account, Microsoft Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox and Safari Web Browsers.
Well acquainted with medical terminology, Anatomy and basic Physiology.
Suitable for beginners as well as already established health experts in quest of improvement and innovation, this course is sure an advantage to one and all.
Scope of Practice
- Conduct formal and valid evaluation and assessments to design perspective goals.
- Develop and implement a safe and integrated exercise program which serves the needs of your client in the most effective manner.
- Imparting education to your client in an enthusiastic way so that he/she is able to accomplish training successfully by motivation and behaviour changes.
- Continue to teach your clients regarding the benefits of staying active and healthy by adhering to the back conditioning program designed especially for them.
- Back injury prevention specialists who are certified by IHFE, are qualified to practice as Back injury prevention specialist. However, they cannot work in a specialty area until and unless passing the additional certification tests.