The fitness assessment course is help to develop an appropriate exercise training program and also sometimes evaluating for risk of heart disease and other chronic diseases.
You can learn fitness assessment techniques for measuring body composition, cardiorespiratory fitness, muscular strength, muscular endurance, flexibility, posture, and performance assessment. You can use practice applying these tests results for individual exercise program development and goal setting.
• Learn how to get ready for testing
• Learn how to take subjective assessment of clients
• Learn principles and detailed description of various assessment techniques
• Learn testing procedures for Blood Pressure and Heart Rate
• Learn body composition testing such as BMI, skinfold, weight circumference etc.
• Learn the detailed descriptions of the cardiorespiratory fitness assessment
• Learn how to take muscular fitness and flexibility testing
• Learn how to develop posture, movement and performance assessment
Upon completion of this course, participants will be able to:
• Understand how to assess body composition
• Know the different types of cardiorespiratory assessment testing techniques
• Know how to assess muscular fitness and flexibility
• Understand how to design posture and performance assessment
The fitness assessment certification course providing research based continuing education for health and fitness professionals who wish to dramatically increase their knowledge of fitness assessment for clients. The Fitness Assessment certificate package with online test includes course manual based on ACSM and NASM.
The Exercise4fit Fitness Assessment continuing education program provides a comprehensive approach to physical and health assessment. This course offers a well balanced approach to the assessment of physical fitness and addressing body composition, cardiorespiratory assessment, muscular strength, muscular endurance and flexibility.
The 12 hour fitness assessment course is made up of the 11 modules
1) Overview of the fitness assessment
2) Guidelines for Preparing for assessment
3) Contraindications of exercise testing
4) Subjective assessment explores health history, Occupation, Lifestyle, past injuries and surgeries and chronic conditions
5) Sequence of Objective assessment and when test termination should be terminated
6) Body composition assessment
7) Cardio respiratory fitness assessment
8) Muscular strength and endurance assessment
9) Muscular flexibility tests to assess overall body flexibility
10) Posture and movement evaluation techniques
11) Performance tests to assess skill related fitness
Must be at least 18 years of age
Allied healthcare professionals
Nominal hours to complete course: 15 hours
Time to complete course: 1 month
Successful completion: You will receive a printable Continuing Education certificate of completion